1. Every moment is improbable yet is happening! Our current world is gonna get weirder and weirder. Waiting for ‘normalcy’ is absurd.
2. Typical human lifetime ( us ) seem to have 2 phases. Pre and post financial independence. This financial independence is very luck driven, and not equally distributed.
3. There are no rules or patterns to success. But there are for failures.
4. Life is short, death is inevitable. This helps to keep things in perspective.
5. Most life form is just reacting to chemicals in the brain. World doesn’t work logically.
6. Reality is constructed by us. We have ton of biases and fallacies ingrained into us. Thus our reality often has loopholes or flaws.
7. Collectively humans are perhaps only slightly better than apes, if at all.
8. There is no meaning to life, but there seems to be ton of choices. I have zero expectations out of it personally.
9. Nothing is more scarier than old age, not even death.
10. It looks like world is heading towards a close race between technological singularity ( tech overtakes humans) and ecological collapse (nature beats us to a pulp). I’m betting on the latter.
11. “Seeing things as they are” is quite hard.