6 Lessons learnt from months of photographing birds :
1. 50% of birds will fly away as soon as you enter the field / woods,
another 25% will fly away as soon as you make any movement,
another 20% will fly away when you are about to click the shutter,
another 3% will be against the sun
and camera just won't focus for the other 1%.
2. Right camera setting,
Right light conditions,
Bird in right composition,
You get to pick only 2 of the above!
3. Lesser the day light, greater the number of birds you spot.
4. Chances of you standing on a ant nest is higher when you absolutely need to stand still.
5. Act of checking the clicked picture in the camera lcd screen makes the bird in the field vanish, mysteriously.
6. The pictures you've taken follow the 80-20 rule. 80% of them are not good enough, so is the other 20%.